Once you’ve been diagnosed with having Eczema, your dermatologist will determine the most appropriate method of treatment – of which will include locally applied emollients, creams, lotions, and antihistamines. These emollients protect the skin by providing a barrier against water loss. Thus the skin is less dry, itchy, and flaky.
When selecting a skin care regimen, it is important to avoid ingredients that may irritate the skin. Products containing alpha-hydroxys, glycolic acid and alcohol should be avoided.
Using mild, non-drying, detergent-free soaps and cleansers, followed by soothing and nourishing moisturizers are key steps in any skincare routine for those with sensitive, dry skin regardless of the products you choose to use. Applying calming creams and masks every so often will also help in relieving eczema symptoms.
Our Skincare Products for YOU!
- Gentle, mild formulation suitable for delicate & sensitive skin
- Cleanses without irritation and does not leave skin tight or dry
- Follow with the Chamomile Cleansing Lotion for best results
Make-up Remover Soap
- Suitable for gentle, daily cleansing, without irritating sensitive skin
- Creamy, non-drying formula leaves skin soft & smooth
- Removes light makeup & surface debris Oil-free
Chamomile Cleansing Lotion
- Perfect companion to the Mario Badescu Cream Soap
- Gentle toner with chamomile extract and water that soothes & calms dry/red skin
- Helps control sensitive skin, reduce inflammation, and restore healthy balance to skin
- Hydrates & refreshes skin
- Removes residual dirt
- Helps control red, irritated, and sensitive skin
- Contains Balsam Peru, Kaolin (clay), & soothing Calamine
- Thick formulation to help treat sensitive skin
Azulene Calming Mask
- Thinner, non-hardening version of the Calma Mask
- Contains Balsam Peru, soothing Azulene (chamomile extract), Kaolin (clay), & wheat starch to absorb impurities in pores
- Helps soothe, calm, and comfort irritated, red, and very sensitive skin
Our Suggested Skincare Regimen
1. Cleanse and soothe the skin. Massage our Cream Soap or Make-up Remover Soap (if you’re a makeup wearer) in circular motions on wet skin, avoiding the eyes. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry – don’t rub! – to avoid leaving the skin tight or irritated. Repeat twice daily, once in the morning and evening. If your skin is extremely sensitive, do take care – sometimes water itself can irritate the skin further. Use your respective cleanser only at night, cleaning instead with a toner in the mornings.
2. Hydrate and refresh clean skin. Follow the cleansing step with the Chamomile Cleansing Lotion for best results. This extremely gentle toner helps to hydrate and refresh and soothe the skin while removing any residual dirt and oil. Twice daily after cleaning and pat drying your skin, dampen a cotton ball or cloth with the lotion, wiping in an outward direction until the cotton comes up clean.
3. Soothe and calm irritated skin. On clean skin, apply a thin layer of either the Calma Mask or Azulene Calming Mask. Leave on for 15-20 minutes and rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water to avoid drying out and irritating your face. Follow with a moisturizer or night cream. Repeat 2-3 times a week, or more often if necessary.
For more information and a basic breakdown of eczema, return to our Eczema Treatment Center.