Are you fed up with blackheads that just won’t go away? Check out our five easy steps for preventing and banishing blackheads…this mini Mario-style treatment should be done on a regular basis for optimum results.
1. Cleanse…With our Acne Facial Cleanser. The active ingredient in this face wash is salicylic acid, which helps combat open comedones (the proper term for blackheads).
2. Exfoliate…with our Almond & Honey Face Scrub, focusing on areas of congestion. Using a scrub is known as mechanical exfoliation and it will help loosen and lift away debris that is trapped in the pores.
3. Use our Silver Powder. Simply apply it on affected areas; dip a water-dampened cotton ball in the Silver Powder and press on parts of the face where there are blackheads. Leave on for about 10 minutes.
4. Tone…wipe off the Silver Powder with a toner—preferably our Seaweed Cleansing Lotion if you have combination or dry skin. Or use the Cucumber Cleansing Lotion if your skin type is more on the oily side. However, if any type of acne is an ongoing struggle for you, use our Special Cucumber Lotion.
5. Moisturize…with a moisturizer that is right for your skin type. Browse our moisturizers here.
FYI, it is best to do these steps immediately after a shower since the steam will help soften pores, thereby making blackhead removal much easier.
If you’re in the NYC area, book a facial at our Salon—one of our highly trained estheticians will perform extractions during your facial, which is the quickest way to eliminate blackheads.