We know you have a bag stuffed to the brim with lipsticks, powder, and concealers galore just in case you’re in need of a touch-up. Like the saying goes (the paraphrased version, of course) – it’s better to be prepared for an opportunity, and not have one, than not be prepared for an opportunity at all. We get it. Plus, the extra cosmetics bag acts as a supplementary toning exercise throughout the day. (Just be sure to switch shoulders/arms every so often.)
We also know that you know how important it is to take care of your skin first; there’s no point to makeup if you don’t have a proper base to start with. And with winter weather that’s not so kind to our skin, it becomes even more important to prepared. You have your wintertime regimen perfected down to every ingredient and purpose – but what if? What if it’s drier, colder, harsher, etc. than usual?
Throw these essentials in your bag and you’ll be ready to face anything:
- Lip Wax SPF 15. A must-have that requires no explanation. Chapped lips are no fun.
- Special Hand Cream with Vitamin E. Martha Stewart loves it, for starters. But that aside, what matters is that winter weather, heaters, and hand-washing dry out your skin. Slather on this rich, non-greasy formula of Vitamin A, E, Wheat Germ Oil and Honey to rehydrate cracked hands. Really – slather it on, as often as you’d like. It may be called a cream, but its lightweight consistency immediately absorbs to leave you and your hands happy as clam.
- Hydrating Hand Cream. If a classic jar isn’t something you’re after, than another (or additional!) option is our travel-friendly bottle of lotion. It’s just as easily absorbed and nourishing for soft, touchable hands.
- Rose Hips Nourishing Oil. An absolute star in many a MB staffer’s personal stash. It’s a beautiful, luxurious oil high in antioxidant Vitamin C that’s designed to reduce flakiness and dehydration. Lightweight, easily absorbed, and gentle enough even for sensitive skin, it’s love at first sight. We recommend applying a few drops before your moisturizer for an added boost, but when you’re in a quick pinch and are in dire need to get rid of the flakiness, this is your 9-1-1 response.
- Orange Protective Cream. Nourish, rehydrate, and protect your skin from the cold! Rejuvenating orange peel extract gives this cream exfoliating power and a fresh, citrus fragrance that makes it a perfect wake-me-up for winter mornings. Perfect for normal, combination, and dry skin types.
. . .
What are your winter emergency skincare kit essentials?
Leave a comment, tweet it, Facebook it, send us a pic. Let us know!
Leave a reply →