Welcome to #MarioMonthlyEdit, where you (yes, you) get a sneak peek at our current essentials. If you missed our first installment last month, check it out here. (We loved hearing all about your January must-haves!)
For those of you who don’t follow the news for important things like The Groundhog’s Verdict (yes, capitalized) on the annual, seasonal shift, I’ll save you the trouble: The Groundhog did not see his shadow. This is a good thing, according to Groundhog fans.
Spring is coming early—!—which means we need to rethink our skincare game. The past two months have been heavily focused on uber-rich, nourishing creams. And while some of us still need them to help battle winter’s drying effects, we can start introducing lighting alternatives back into our regimen.
The goal? To keep hydration the priority, but rev up our brightening regimen in time for spring.
Here are some of our March skincare essentials:
- Botanical Exfoliating Scrub: Every time we use this it makes us think of spring/summer months. It’s light, it’s refreshing, and it’s revitalizing on skin. A little goes a long way (you could use a bean-sized dollop for your entire face) in leaving your skin soft, smooth, and glowing.
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater: Okay. When are we not using the Facial Spray?
- Rose Hips Nourishing Oil: Rose Hips Extract is packed with antioxidant Vitamin C, which means it helps brighten dull complexions while rehydrating skin. While this product is best suited for Combination, Dry or Sensitive skin types, it’s a great cold-weather alternative to the Herbal Hydrating Serum for those with combo-oily skin. Simply apply where you see dryness or flakiness—for most, it’s around the corners of the nose, tops of the cheeks, between the brows—to help restore moisture back into the skin.
- Bee Pollen Night Cream: Remember our goals from above (re: nourish and brighten as we prep our skin for spring)? This night cream ticks all the boxes. Enriched with antioxidant and nutrient-rich ingredients like Bee Pollen Extract, Beeswax, and Peanut Oil, it’s formula designed to soften, smooth, rejuvenate your skin overnight so you wake up radiant.
- Vitamin A-D-E Neck Cream: This is why.
- Whitening Mask: This hydrating mask not only helps restore moisture, but also boosts glow, too. Natural extracts like Licorice and Mulberry are known skin brighteners that can help inhibit further discoloration and diminish the look of hyperpigmentation.
- Drying Lotion: Another monthly repeater, because no skincare regimen should be without a good spot treatment. Pesky problems pop up when you least expect it—especially when skin is readjusting between seasons—so it’s better to be prepared than not.
- Hydrating Hand Cream: It’s lightweight, hydrating (duh), and non-greasy—which makes it an easy, no-fuss formula. You can literally slap, dash, and go with this one. Plus, it’s infused with Peppermint for a refreshing kick. (#MBSkinTip: Keep a bottle in your car’s cupholder so you never have to suffer a looong commute with dry, cracked hands again.)
. . .
What are YOUR March skincare go-tos between seasons?