New year, new you seems to be the theme every year—but instead of resigning to do some catchy ditty that implies that your current self is somehow less than, let’s shift our mindset a little.
How about new year, new to-dos? Just simple, adoptable, good-for-you habits that can make a viable difference in your life. Keep the things you love, and build upon them with resolutions you can actually keep. In the spirit of positive affirmations only and a resounding resolve to start the Roaring 20s (Redux) right, here are a list of do-able, feel-good beauty resolutions to take into the new year:
You know you should be drinking water, moisturizing twice daily, the whole lot—but for 2020, we’re buying ourselves a giant Hydroflask and sticking to it.
Ahead of the game and already moisturizing day and night? Take it one step further by adding any Mario Badescu Facial Spray into your hydration routine. Mist your skin after you’ve cleansed and toned, then apply face cream or serum while your skin is still dewy. Doing so will not only improve moisturization, but also infuse additional botanical benefits into your skin care.
Last year you aimed for once a month (or whenever you remembered). This year, aim for the aesthetician-recommended two-to-three times a week. Try it for a week and you’ll notice enough of a visible difference to maintain this habit.
Do it for the glow and the ‘gram.
If you haven’t already, make it a mission to incorporate a toner into your daily routine. It takes an extra 30 seconds, but (weightlessly) adds additional complexion-boosting benefits all while re-balancing your skin post-cleanse.
- Sensitive? Try Chamomile Cleansing Lotion.
- Dry? Use Aloe Vera Toner.
- Dull? Go for Glycolic Acid Toner.
- Combo/Dry? Get Witch Hazel & Rosewater Toner.
- Oily? Reach for Cucumber Cleansing Lotion.
- Problem-Prone? Stock up on Special Cucumber Lotion.
See more of our toners (also known as “cleansing lotions”) here.
2020 is the year you take self-care seriously. Elevate your current skin care regimen and add a serum into the mix.
But which, you ask? We have an in-depth guide, but if you’re pressed for time, here’s an at-a-glance breakdown based on targeted concerns:
- Dehydration, fine lines, and wrinkles? Super Peptide Serum to the rescue.
- Dullness, uneven skin tone and texture? Vitamin C Serum is it.
- Dryness? Rose Hips Nourishing Oil is lovely and layer-able.
- Oily, but dehydrated? Herbal Hydrating Serum leaves gives you dewy, not greasy.
Picking at pimples and other self-perceived imperfections is a hard habit to break—but this year, choose to dot over the urge to pick or pop.
- For surface blemishes that come to a head, create a perfect pink dot with Drying Lotion to help dry that pesky spot up.
- For smaller bumps and blemishes, reach for Drying Cream. Apply just enough cream to cover the area, then lightly tap it in until the product blends into your skin.
- For large, under-the-skin bumps, Buffering Lotion is your solution. Shake it, squeeze out one drop onto a clean fingertip, and gently apply it directly onto the bump.
. . .
That’s it—happy New Year!