… because there’s no better way to celebrate of the first (official!) day of summer than with an entire skincare kit at the ready. Better prepared than not, no? Here’s the round-up:
- Raspberry Body Scrub. Exfoliating never sounded so good until this. Who knew – an exfoliant with a silky touch and heavenly scent fragranced with Raspberry and Papaya Extract? We know you’re tempted to use it more – but 2-3 times a week only, please.
- Oil-Free Moisturizer (SPF-30). We’re loyal to our SPF-17, but we don’t even think twice about replacing it with the SPF-30 come summer (so much for loyalty; but if there is something better…). The higher SPF plus powerful antioxidant green tea for anti-aging protection makes this moisturizer a holy grail product. Are we being melodramatic? Nope. Not in the least bit.
- Summer Shine Lotion. It’s self-explanatory, really. Dab a bit on your shoulders and collarbone for a subtle highlight; or, if you’re in the mood, apply liberally for a sun-kissed glow. It’s shimmer for the sophisticate – luminosity sans the fear of resembling a disco ball. Plus, it leaves the slightest tropical, coconut scent perfectly relevant to the onset of months lounging poolside, beach-side and well, outside.
- After Sun Cooling Gel. MB knows you’re always on top of re-applying your sunscreen every few hours, but in the rare instance that you forget (it’s okay – we’re guilty of it too!), always have a bottle of this stuff handy to help soothe sunburned skin. Our tip? Keep it in the fridge for an extra cooling effect. Try it, we dare you.
- Lip Wax SPF 15. Dry, chapped or flaking lips aren’t particularly attractive, so always have one handy. In your summer skincare kit, in your handbag, at work, on the bedside table… everywhere. It’s better to be safe than sorry, as the saying goes, because somehow, lip balms always end up disappearing when we need it most.
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater. Don’t feel obligated just because it’s one of Martha’s favorites (Martha Stewart, that is!). But she does love it, and so do we. Perfect before and after to set makeup (and leave a bit of a dewy finish), and to spritz throughout the day to freshen both your face and makeup. We keep this in the fridge and cooler too for an extra-refreshing mist on the hottest, sweatiest of days.
. . .
What are your summertime essentials? Let us know – leave it in the comments below!
Leave a reply →