My wedding is coming up soon, and we just interviewed our photographer. She gave us some tips to help my fiancée and I look our best in our wedding pictures! Here goes:
- First, take a look at your favorite pictures of yourself and try to spot the patterns—do you look best from one side? I know I do! Get to know your best angles and work them.
- Facing the camera dead-on rarely looks good (unless your face is super-model symmetrical!)
- Fill in your eyebrows. If your brows are sparse or very light-colored, they’ll end up looking non-exist in your photos. A little extra oomph will help your eyes stand out and will frame your face.
- Stay away from ‘sparkle.’ It’s not your friend in pictures and will make you look greasy, not luminous. Subtle shimmer to highlight your brow bone and cheekbones are a definite yes. Sparkle shadow/liner/blush? Not so much.
- Be in lots of pictures. The more photos that are taken of you, the more likely you’ll find some that you like!
- Face your light source straight-on so it highlights your face and doesn’t create strange shadows.