The holidays are here and, with them, holiday parties. If you have shindigs to attend, now is the time to prep your skin to ensure you look smashing for the event. Here is my personal “secret recipe” for pre-party prep (I do this the day of the big event). When I do these steps, I look glowing and always receive compliments on my skin. Keep in mind that I have combination skin: I’m combo/dry during the cooler months and combo/oily throughout the warmer season, so this “recipe” may or may not work for you.
1. Cleanse I start off by cleansing my face with either our Seaweed Cleansing Soap or the Enzyme Cleansing Gel. If my skin is on the dry side, I use the Seaweed Cleansing Soap, and if it is leaning toward oily, I stick with the Enzyme Cleansing Gel.
2. Exfoliate Next, I mechanically exfoliate with our Almond & Honey Face Scrub in gentle circular motions.
3. Face Mask Application Our Temporary Lifting Mask, which, as the name indicates, is designed to prep the skin for special events as it temporarily tightens the face. Great for any skin type, it contains Calamine, Egg protein and Rose Petal Extract.
4. Tone For an extra kick of exfoliating action (chemical exfoliation, in this case), I swipe our Glycolic Acid Toner all over my face and neck. (This is my favorite toner.)
5. Treat We're almost done! Next, I apply a few drops of our Vitamin C Serum all over my face and neck for a boost of antioxidants and to amp up the glow factor.
6. Moisturize Since I normally perform this regimen at night, I use a moisturizer without sunscreen and opt for our Buttermilk Moisturizer (when my skin is a little dry) or our A.H.A. & Ceramide Moisturizer when my skin is oilier.
7. Perk Up Right before I leave for the event, I give a quick spritz or two on my face with our Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater for a dewy finish. This is done after I apply my makeup for the night.
So now that the secret’s out…give it a try before your next big event!