Are you stuck in a skin care rut? It happens to the best of us. The truth is, our skin changes with age and with the seasons; we need to alter our skin care regimens accordingly. If you’ve been using the same products for years, but your skin isn’t looking as great as you’d like, it may be time for a change.Check out these 5 signs you're stuck in a skin care rut:
1. Has it been years since you re-evaluated your skin care routine?
What worked for your skin just a few years ago may not be right for your skin today. For example, aging causes the skin to become drier. Pregnancy also causes serious upheaval in your skin.
2. Does your skin seem very dry in the summer, and then turns oily during the warmer months? If so, are you switching up your products with seasonal changes?
Using the same products throughout the year is only recommended in climates that remain stable 365 days a year. For places with major temperature and weather changes due to the seasons, it’s necessary to make adjustments as the weather becomes colder or hotter.
3. Do you think you could be doing more to prevent premature aging, but you’re not sure where to start?
When it comes to anti-aging, using an eye cream should be your first step. The eyes are generally the first area of the face to age because the skin around the eyes has the fewest oil glands. Another excellent way to help prevent premature aging is by incorporating a serum with powerful anti-aging properties into your skin care routine.
4. Is your skin breaking out regularly? Are you using a regimen of products designed to keep it clear?
It’s important to address all changes in your skin, including acne. If your skin starts breaking out, it is definitely the time to switch things up; your skin is not likely to clear up on its own without a little help!
5. You’re using a cleanser/toner/moisturizer/etc. because they worked so well for your sister/friend/mother/dental hygienist.
We love our Enzyme Cleansing Gel. It’s our most popular cleanser and works beautifully for most combination skin types. However, there are people for whom this is the absolute wrong cleanser. Make sure that what you’re using is the best thing for your skin.