If we’re being technical here, I don’t have a medicine cabinet; college students are hardly given the luxury of real estate. Therefore optimizing what little space given has become an art, where one must purge the luxuries and keep only the essentials.
It's minimalism at it's finest.
These are the indispensible and favorites which occupy my dresser top. I won’t hesitate to call them my Holy Grail products – they’re things tried, tested and true, and have gotten me through the trials and tribulations of college life. From stressful weekdays and late-night weekends to final exam periods, these are the beauty products I cannot live without:
WHO: Kim. MB Intern, blogger, full-time business school and journalism student, and then some.
WHERE: Her dresser top, because college students don’t get things like medicine cabinets. Here’s to communal bathrooms.
WHAT: Seaweed Bubble Bath & Shower Gel, Glycolic Foaming Cleanser, Cucumber Cleansing Lotion, Ceramide Eye Gel, Enzyme Revitalizing Mask, eye drops for contacts, shimmery nude eye shadow, blush/bronzer, eyelash curlers, mascara.
- Seaweed Bubble Bath & Shower Gel: It makes both morning and evening showers that much more relaxing. Plus, blue is just calming to look at.
- Glycolic Foaming Cleanser: I think I can quote our PR girl when I say this is a “game changer.” People seem perplexed that a stressed out college girl could have such a healthy complexion; it’s valid. I’ll be the first to admit it’s this cleanser (used 2x a week!) has worked magic.
- Cucumber Cleansing Lotion: Love this, so refreshing.
- Ceramide Eye Gel: I keep mine in the mini fridge; I’ve become obsessive about eye creams since I’ve gotten it, it truly de-puffs and wakes up the eye after late-nights or all-nighters.
- Enzyme Revitalizing Mask: Another secret to a healthy and brighter complexion. If I don’t have the time I just apply it to the center of my face, get some last minute work done, and voila, done in 20 minutes.
. . .
We want to know what gets you by when you’re always in a rush, on-the-go, or feeling stressed. Tell us in the comments below!
What are your go-to products?