6. Protect your hands and feet, too. Your neck, chest and hands are instant giveaways of your true age. To prevent premature signs of aging, apply your facial moisturizer to your neck and chest, and also apply sunscreen to your chest to protect against sunburn. Apply twenty minutes before heading out. Remember: 2/3 of all sun damage is purely incidental.
Also with summer comes open-toed shoes and sandals, so be sure to exfoliate, moisturize and protect exposed feet as well. Take into account that sunscreen will rub off faster than it would elsewhere from rubbing against the straps of your shoes and abrasive sand.
7. Boost your block with antioxidants. Skincare products containing antioxidants like Vitamin C, Vitamin E and green tea can help reverse sun damage.
We love: Vitamin C Serum, Hyaluronic Emulsion with Vitamin C
8. Keep hydrated. Drink water throughout the day. If you’re on the go, bring a water bottle and container of fresh fruit to prevent dehydration.
9. Exfoliate. Depending on your skin type, exfoliate anywhere from 1-3 times a week to help shed dead skin buildup and slough off previous sun damage. Doing so helps rejuvenate your skin, leaving it softer, smoother and brighter.
We love: Raspberry Body Scrub
10. Make the healthy switch. As tempting as it is to lie in a tanning bed (guilty!) or sunbathe (guilty again!), make the switch to self-tanners to achieve that ever-covetable summer skin without yielding yourself to the dangers of overexposure.
Beauty Tip: Our faces will always be a shade or two lighter than our body; to build color on your face as well, alternate between a tinted moisturizer and facial self-tanner to achieve an even wash of sun-kissed color.
We love: Self-Tanning Lotion
Check out our Pinterest Summertime Board for more on Summertime Skin Care!
. . .