Need a quick lift, fast?
We’ve all been there. School, work, kids, life gets in the way (you know the drill) and before you know it (seemingly out of nowhere) everything that’s anything important creeps up all at once. There’s this, that, this and that – all of which demands to be done yesterday – in addition to event XYZ that you RSVP’d to months ago because you figured you deserved a fun night out.
Right. But you haven’t had the chance to prepare for this occasion! Stop right there: before you even think about canceling because ABC, remind yourself that you deserve it. You have half an hour to get ready? Fifteen minutes? Less than that? Worry not: it’s all about prioritizing. The goal is glowing, radiant skin, even if you only have a minute for a makeover. Forget the hair – a je ne sais quoi, natural look is always in – and focus on perfecting your complexion and enhancing your best features.
- Breathe. Inhale for three, exhale for four. Inhale for five, exhale for six. Are you calm yet? Good. Now head on over to the sink and splash your face with cold water. It serves a twofold purpose: one, to give you a jolt back to reality; and two, it provides an instant refresh that helps get your circulation going. You get some vivaciousness back in your complexion plus some de-puffing action.
- Cleanse. Nothing like a fresh start, eh? All-in-one is the stuff we love and exactly what we’re after when we have little-to-no time on our hands, so the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser is our failsafe go-to. It deep cleans and exfoliates all at once, revealing a brighter, smoother, and more even complexion. It’s what last-minute preparations call for: an instant refresh that helps perfect the skin and prepare it for flawless makeup application later on.
- Brighten and moisturize. Toning post-cleanse is highly recommended, but when you’re in a pinch, every last minute counts. Instead, use that time for applying a radiance-boosting serum for added hydration and glow. Follow with an oil-free moisturizer for simple, lightweight moisture that won’t slip and slide under makeup.
- Perfect. Spot conceal wherever needed and focus on eliminating any redness. Let your skin shine through! (Plus, this method saves tons of time.) Add a bit of color (blush, bronzer, highlighter, whatever you need and have time for) and set your face with powder.
- Enhance. Time’s a tickin’ but you’re already looking gorgeous! A well-curled lash can instantly lift your face – it makes you look awake, refreshed, and doe-eyed. Give each set of lashes a good curl and follow with two coats of mascara.
- Eyes or lips? Take your pick. The secret to looking instantly put together and effortless all at once? Beautiful, glowing skin – and a little something extra for a pop of glamour. This is a special event, no? Spend your last few minutes on your eyes or face: a bright lipstick, smoky eye, or graphic liner? The choice is yours.
Beauty tip: Got the luxury of a full hour? Set aside 15 minutes for an instant, perfecting lift with the Temporary Lifting Mask. Congested, dull skin will feel revitalized with immediate firming, pore-minimizing effects.
All that’s left? Getting dressed. And that’s the easy part.