I love music. From rock and roll to classic and contemporary, I love rocking out to some good tunes while doing pretty much anything- washing my face, driving, and even organizing my closet. Better yet, it’s a privilege to jam to one of my favorite bands at their shows. Nothing compares to a live performance.
That being said, there is always a price to pay for a rocked out experience (or any night out for that matter): the overly crowded venue, second-hand smoke in the air and direct sun exposure (if the concert is outdoors). Moreover, if one chooses, the beer is flowing like crazy. All of this can wreak havoc on the skin: dull, dehydrated and maybe a sun-scorched complexion. Maybe you'll be too tired when you get home to wash your face. (Find out here why this is a bad idea.) Continue reading to get easy tips on how to prep your skin before a night (or day) out.
1. Cleanse Start off by washing your face with a cleanser appropriate for your skin type.
2. Tone With a cotton ball or wipe, apply a toner (suitable for your skin type) all over your face and neck.
3. Treat Apply two to three drops of our Vitamin C Serum all over your face and neck. It contains the Vitamin C to give you a glow and fight the destructive effects of free radicals; Hyaluronic Acid attracts and binds water in the skin to prevent dehydration.
4. Moisturize Put a generous amount of our Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 30 on your face and neck. The built-in sunscreen provides an ample amount of sun protection—even if the venue is indoors, the car ride to the concert and walking outside from the parking lot to your destination is automatic sun exposure (unless you’re going at nighttime). Otherwise, browse our moisturizers here and choose one according to your skin type.
5. Eye Cream With your ring finger, apply our Hyaluronic Eye Cream on the orbital bone (the area between the upper cheekbone and underneath the eyes).
6. Facial Spray Bring our Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater with you to the concert. Tuck it away in your bag or simply pour some in a smaller travel-size spray bottle and mist your face before, during and/or after the concert. It will perk up “party-hardy” skin.
7. Post-Concert The day after the concert, give yourself a DIY Facial to ensure your skin is in tip top shape. Going to a concert soon? With these tips, you’ll stave off rock and roll-induced stressed skin!