Yes, it's still ACNE WEEK on the MB Blog! We couldn't possibly talk about acne without including an at-home facial! After all, we know many of you don't live near our Skin Care Salon. Plus, we know that acne can be seriously frustrating, whether you have one pimple or a severe breakout. If whiteheads (acne that comes to the surface of the skin) or cystic acne (those painful bumps under the skin) happen to be your current rival, this DIY Anti-Acne Facial is for you!
1. Cleanse/Exfoliate Start off by washing your face with our Glycolic Foaming Cleanser. It is a cleanser and exfoliant in one—formulated with Glycolic Acid to chemically exfoliate the skin. It is a bad idea to use any type of scrub or manual exfoliant while the skin is actively broken out.
2. Mask Apply a thin layer of our Drying Mask, avoiding the eye area. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse with tepid water. For extra combative action, apply Buffering Lotion before you layer the Drying Mask on your face.
3. Tone With a cotton ball, swipe Special Cucumber Lotion all over your face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
4. Treat Apply a thin layer of our Anti-Acne Serum on areas of your face where you are prone to breaking out.
5. Eye Cream With your ring finger, dab a small amount of eye cream (one that suits your needs) and gently pat around the outer eye area and blend outward. Browse our eye creams here.
6. Moisturize Apply our Oil Free Moisturizer all over your face and neck.
7. Spot Treat With a cotton swab, apply a dab of Drying Lotion at night on affected areas only. Let it dry and rinse off the following morning. Got cystic acne instead of whiteheads? Swap the Drying Lotion for Buffering Lotion instead.
Got pesky blackheads? Click here for tips on how to help banish them!