Hoping to learn more about the ingredients you should be looking for in anti-aging skin care? Here are FIVE anti-aging ingredients to keep in mind:
1. Antioxidants Antioxidants are your weapons against free radicals, which are damaging to skin cells. Free radicals are atoms or molecules that have an unpaired electron in an outer shell. This incomplete electron will then go searching for a mate, causing a harmful process known as oxidation. Hence, you need to use anti-oxidants. There are various types of antioxidants, such as Vitamins A, C and E. Skin care products that contain these antioxidants help prevent skin cell damage, thereby encouraging a healthier looking complexion. Moreover, Vitamin C naturally contains brightening properties to help perk up dull, lackluster skin.
Our bestselling products that contain antioxidants are: Vitamin C Serum Rose Hips Nourishing Oil Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF-30 Hyaluronic Emulsion with Vitamin C Vitamin E Body Lotion (Wheat Germ) Fruit and Vitamin A&D Hand Cream (SPF-10)
2. Alpha Hydroxy Acids Exfoliating the skin regularly is a crucial component of basic skin care. Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) are chemical exfoliants that come in the form of Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid and Fruit Enzymes (to name a few).
We carry a slew of products that contain AHAs, including: Glycolic Foaming Cleanser Glycolic Eye Cream Glycolic Gel Glycolic Skin Renewal Complex Enzyme Cleansing Gel (contains fruit enzymes) Buttermilk Moisturizer (contains Lactic Acid) Alpha-Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion Rolling Cream Peel with AHA
3. Ceramides Did you know that Ceramides comprise 20% of our skin’s intercellular matrix? The intercellular matrix is the “glue” that binds the skin cells together—which is partially responsible for maintaining the skin’s appearance and protecting it. Skin care products that contain Ceramides contribute to a protected, younger looking complexion.
4. Humectants Supple, hydrated skin is highly contingent on humectants as they are responsible for attracting and binding moisture into the skin. Examples of humectants are hyaluronic acid, glycerin, honey and lactic acid. Indeed, as mentioned before, Lactic Acid is in fact an AHA, but it is also considered a humectant since it possesses excellent hydrating properties.
Our top products that are formulated with humectants are: Cellufirm Drops Seaweed Night Cream Hyaluronic Eye Cream Hydrating Moisturizer with Biocare & Hyaluronic Acid Buttermilk Moisturizer Revitalin Moisturizer
5. Sunscreen You can apply the best anti-aging ingredients in the world, but if you neglect to use sunscreen on a daily basis, all year round, your efforts in preventing signs of aging go down the drain. Sunscreen is the number one product when it comes to anti-aging. When sunscreen is used in conjunction with other sophisticated ingredients (i.e., antioxidants), you’re on the road to younger, healthier looking skin. Sun damage is one of the top causes of premature wrinkling; slather on sunscreen every day.
There you have it. These five anti-aging superstars will slow down the clock, so be sure to check out our products that contain these powerhouse ingredients!