There’s a few things we uphold here at MB:
- Knowing your skin and its needs is the single most important prerequisite for taking care of it.
- Busy moms are superheroes (usually without the colorful spandex bodysuits).
But really. For all the moms out there – ours included – every day should be Mother’s Day. Unless you’re a mom yourself, no one’s really sure how you do it all. Morning ‘til who-knows-when, 24/7, 365 days a year. We’re forever grateful and definitely in awe: what can’t you do?
We know you do a good job; we just hope you realize that too. We’re simply here to remind you of that – and that you deserve a little self-love. We don’t have flowers, but what we do have for you is our guide to beautiful skin for busy moms.
Even amidst all the crazy.
- Make skin care a priority. You can pass on the makeup and get away with a few quick brushes of hair, but skin health is an absolute must. Remember: your skin is the largest organ on your body and also acts as a barrier between you and the outside world. Use gentle, nourishing products to help keep skin in tip-top condition so that even when you might not be feeling your best, your skin still looks it. Sometimes it’s about putting your best face forward, and if a beautiful, healthy complexion helps you feel good about yourself, then it’s most certainly worth your while.
- Choose multi-tasking products. Multi-tasking is a virtue for the busy mom. No one has time to fiddle with all these lotion and potions. Stick to the basics and keep it simple. Oftentimes, less is more: it’s but a matter of choosing the most effective product for your skin’s needs.
A moisturizer with SPF takes sunscreen out of the equation and allows you to hydrate and protect your skin in one step. In a pinch? Use any excess product not used on your face on your hands to prevent premature signs of aging. Need a pick-me-up? A hydrating facial spray refreshes your complexion, but can be spritzed all over (hair and body) for an instant boost.
- Stick to the basics. Simple, gentle, and effective will get you far. We’re firm believers that less is more, and consistency is key. Stick to a regimen that includes the necessities: cleanser, toner, moisturizer, eye cream, mask, exfoliant, and if necessary, serum.
Need help choosing the right products for your skin? Call 1 (800) BADESCU to speak with one of our skin care specialists for a customized regimen.
- It’s all about the eyes. Lack of sleep and overall stress show first – and most noticeably – on the eyes. Prioritize eye care to help brighten and refresh your overall complexion no matter how tired you are. Invest in an eye cream that nourishes with anti-aging and hydrating benefits. For an instant pick-me-up and morning boost, store it in the fridge; the cooling effect will help de-puff and wake up tired eyes.
- Two cups for me, please. Green tea gives you the boost you need and happens to be the antioxidant powerhouse of all drinks that helps flush out toxins for a clearer, healthier complexion over time.
While you’re making your morning cup, soak another caffeinated green tea bag in hot water for a few minutes. Let it cool to room temperature before squeezing out excess liquid and placing them over your closed eyes. Leave on for a few minutes and let it do its magic at de-puffing and encouraging circulation while giving an additional anti-aging treatment.
- Stay hydrated. Drink up! When skin is dehydrated, dullness and dryness exacerbates the visible signs of aging. Experts recommend at least two liters a day for optimal beauty and health benefits.
- Say yes to you. Even if it’s just 20 minutes every now and then, something is better than nothing at all. De-stressing regularly isn’t just pivotal to overall happiness – it’s paramount to skin health, too. Take a breather: go for a walk, do something you love, or pop on a mask for an at-home DIY facial. Whatever it is you want, make time for it when you can.